Acceptance for enrollment
at the Kang Do Won is conditional upon available openings on class rosters and a satisfactory evaluation during one of the following two Introductory Options. Only one of these options may be chosen before formal enrollment.
OPTION #1 - A prospective student may make an appointment to participate in one Free Introductory Lesson. A $25.00 commitment deposit is required to book the appointment and is refunded upon attendance.
OPTION #2 - A prospective student may purchase the $49.99 Special Introductory Package which includes
four (4) weeks of training and a free uniform (a savings of $120.00). This is a probationary enrollment.
During both of these Introductory Options the prospective student is evaluated for the following two reasons... 1) to indicate whether or not that person has the potential to become a good student and derive benefit from the education and training, based on the key factors listed below... and 2) should any exist, to discuss the prospective student's medical concerns and whether or not they would have a negative impact upon his/her health and safety. The key factors evaluated for adults are personality, attitude and politeness. For children the key factors are attention span, comprehension ability and maturity, which are evaluated relative to the respective child's age. The candidate's physical/athletic abilities, or lack of, are irrelevant to the evaluation. The
approximate minimum age requirement at the Kang Do Won is four years of age and there is no maximum.
To take advantage of one of the Introductory Options, you must first call Grand Master Lewis at (440) 943-2900... and then follow the instructions below for the Option of your choice:
For Option #1... Free Introductory Lesson
1. Deliver the commitment deposit personally or by mail, OR provide a credit card number by phone for the $25.00 fee, which will be refunded to you upon your attendance. The commitment deposit must be received before the introductory appointment can be booked.
2. Make an appointment for your no obligation Free Introductory Evaluation Lesson, which is given on Thursdays during a regular formal group class at the following times:
Children (12 years & younger).... 5:00-6:00 pm
Adults (13 years & older)............. 6:15-7:15 pm
3. On the Thursday of your appointment wear loose fitting clothing. Students participate during class in bare feet.
4. Arrive no later than 15 minutes before the scheduled class starting time listed above.
5. Upon arrival, you (and your parent or legal guardian, if you are under 18 years of age) will receive an orientation and attend the 1 hour introductory class, which will be followed immediately by an evaluation and enrollment conference with Grand Master Lewis.
6. If you are under 18 years of age you must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, who must observe the entire class.
For Option #2...
Special Introductory Package
1. You (and your parent or legal guardian, if you are under 18 years of age) must make an appointment to meet with Grand Master Lewis personally. You (the prospective student) must attend this meeting in order to be fitted for your
2. Pay the $49.99 per person Special Introductory Package fee and provide the necessary information and personal or parental signature for the probationary enrollment paperwork.
3. Grand Master Lewis will give you (and if applicable, your parent or legal guardian) an orientation, which will include a copy of the basic Kang Do Won rules and schedule of classes, and a tour of the school.
4. You may attend as many as 6 classes per week, which are held on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays at various times (all classes are elective... not mandatory). See the Class Schedule page for times. If you are under 18 years of age, your parent or legal guardian must observe at least half of the classes you attend.
5. During the third week of the
Special Introductory month Grand Master Lewis will arrange a meeting with you (and your parent or legal guardian, if you are under 18 years of age). During this meeting you will be evaluated and if you are accepted as a student, you will be provided with enrollment information and the opportunity to formally enroll. There is no obligation.
Both 'Introductory Options' afford the prospective student and parent a unique opportunity to form their own evaluation of the
school environment and educational quality by personally experiencing typical classes at the Kang Do Won.
"Dare to be Better!"
advantage of one of the